Revision Tips

00:30:00

Now that we are in January and we've settled back into the school routine I'm sure a lot of us have started to revise. Unfortunately, revision is something we all have to do and exams are not going to pass themselves. Therefore, I thought I would share some revision tips; hopefully I'm following my own advice too!



1. START EARLY

This is one I am not very good at, I tend to do the bulk of my revision the night before which is not very good. I have several months before my real exams so I have begun to revise. Starting early means you can revise more and feel less stressed in the long run.

2. SHORT, SHARP BURSTS

Cramming is never a very good idea (I know this the hard way), you can completely overload your brain with information and consequently you don't do as well in the exam. By following my first step and revising early you can do more in shorter bursts and you're less likely to get stressed.

3. TIME MANAGEMENT

Spread your time equally between the subjects you have to revise. There's no point in spending 6 hours a week on history and then 1 hour on maths. You need to split things up equally in order to get the most out of your revision.

4. START WITH THE HARDEST TOPICS

Always start revising with the harder topics first, that way you can go over them more times and gradually become more confident. Also, once you get them out of the way you can do the easier topics next.

5. TAKE BREAKS

It's so important to take breaks in order to digest the information you've just looked at. After your break, test yourself to see if you've actually learnt something. Tell yourself you'll work for 30-40 mins and then watch that Youtube, However, don't procrastinate! A quick 10 mins break will do.

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. Great tips! I also find revising in short 30-40 minute sessions helps me to really focus on what I'm trying to learn.

    Thanks for sending your link over during LBloggers last night :)

    DippyWrites

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved these tips Natasha! Time management is extremely important. I find that there are several apps that can't help with that. Looking forward to your next post. xo

    http://guiliannamarie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tips! I always start with the most difficult things, it's the best way xo

    emsirose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I try not to revise the topics that I already know (it's a regular occurrence for me) and have started attempting the topics that I actually no nothing on. I've also tried not to overwork myself as that usually results in burnouts and a loonnnggg period of unmotivated-ness.
    Dalal
    Monochrome Daisies

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved these tips Tash, they were super helpful. Thanks for sharing and good luck with the revision! x

    Kate// katerosexo1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. start early... a good one to remember! wish id have done that whilst i was revising! instead of leaving everything to the last minute as I always do haha. great tips

    www.Barely There Beauty.com | British Beauty & Lifestyle blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for this article, I found it interesting reading your tips and also reading about what other people d to prepare for exams. This is what I did for my Business Tech

    ReplyDelete